Monday, November 16, 2015

1:1 Styled Workshop with Jordan Brittley Photography


Guys! I am so excited to share these images. I have to say that these are some of my favorite photos I have ever shot. 

I had fawned over images produced by Jordan Brittley Photography for a couple of months; I discovered her after I had gotten engaged and was well-into my season of wedding planning. Her images are dreamy, light, and just have a pure essence of beauty. So naturally, I booked my bridal session with her a few months before my wedding! During the session, I was taken by Jordan's kind, young spirit. She was truly excited and completely loved what she was doing. In my five years of assisting local photographers, I had never watched a professional photographer shoot film before. I noticed how she put thought into each shot, taking her time and working at an easy pace. It was actually relaxing, and she made me feel very special. It wasn't just another session, but a sweet memory.

When I saw the images she produced, I couldn't believe the art she had created. The colors, the texture and softness--I wanted to know how she developed her style. I was inspired and wanted to learn how I could incorporate this style into my own work. 

I began reading the business and photography resources that Jordan provides on her blog; her blog posts range from how to capture that perfect shot to how to book a wedding. I began to look at my own business, and realized that I would love to see my photography take on a milestone of growth in 2016. I began practicing shooting in film after the wedding craziness calmed down, in August, and oh man... I fell in love. There's just something about creating with beautiful light, sweet people, and thoughtful details.
I had talked to Jordan a bit about how much I wanted to learn to shoot in the film style, so of course when she informed me that she was going to start doing workshops, I said I was in!  


We did a 1:1 workshop, talking about our businesses (and eating chocolate chip cookies Jordan baked) and also went through a Q & A session, discussing everything from branding to off-camera lighting to working with clients! Afterwards, Jordan did some head shots of me, which I cannot wait to see and share. In the late afternoon, Jordan planned our styled session with our models around a six-month anniversary theme. It was doused in fall glamour, total sweetness, and an organic bouquet of passionate colors. Oh, and a dog with a floral leash! We had such a great time switching off shooting and styling and I learned so much--and had a blast shooting these images! 
We finished off the evening with dinner (a delicious, local Chinese buffet--this is my kind of girl!), went over culling and editing techniques, as well as blogging motivation tips (which I badly needed) and processes.

And what you see below is just the beginning of what this workshop is bringing to my business! There is exciting news and updates to come!

A big thanks to all of the amazing vendors, who are all listed at the end of the post, who made this shoot beautiful! And of course to Jordan Brittley Photography! If you're looking for a great, local 1:1 workshop, check her out!


Take some time to enjoy this sweet couple. These photos were taken for their six month wedding anniversary, and everything about the details adds the perfect sentimental touch. The passionate red and pink hues mixed with the soft rose ribbon and organic floral design gets a girl's heart thumping. If you're looking for some inspiration for your next fall-themed shoot, drizzle some of this goodness on top!

























Photography – Jordan Brittley
Designer – Laura Hankins
Floral Design – Charity of He Loves Me Flowers
Personal Stylist – Larissa of Dress Fresh
Hair – Brianne of Diamond’s and Do’s

Makeup – Nikki Smith
Cake – Tanya of Style By the Slice

0 comments:

Post a Comment